madrid times

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sign of the hives





My mother-f*%$ing gosh!! I dont know if all of you know but i have an allergic reaction to prawns.

To say i thought i was on my death bed can only be fully expressed via the pictures. On Saturday i went the local hostel/club to chill, they had free paella (rice, prawn, clam, peppers etc etc) there that you get when you buy a beer, i thought, "rude" because i was kind of peckish. I told the lady to take out the prawn and i can eat it....i fed....it was nice....all good.

Moments later my lip started rising, but as fast as it went up, it went down.....still good.
I go to a club, again chilling, all good until the end when i noticed my left eye had a lump, thought that would be gone tomorrow its all good.

This is where optimism makes you sit on a stove thats been on for the last 3 days.

When i woke up the pictures you see are the result. Eventually they calmed down and i went out to watch the football and go to a tapas bar. Luckily i took my stunner sunglasses because again the hives (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hives) literally popped up again. I felt like a burns victim walking through the pub, not being able to move much or enjoy anything. I left the pub quick time to go home and had an early night. The next day all was well untill 10 minutes of being awake where they came back again!!!!

This time they got to everywhere, heres your chance to really use you imagination because apart from my eyeballs they really were EVERYWHERE.

Quick time i shot to the pharmacy for antihistamines and they pretty much shot them down for the day.

Woke up the next day and once again they came back, this time i took 2 tablets as opposed to the recommended 1 and that was it. The unfortunate part was this was my birthday so on my Bday im stuck at home covered in under-the-skin-bubble-wrap needing to itch my entire body at once but cant.


So i bring forward to you a suggestion to create a petition to nuke all prawn, yes i forgot to say that on that last day my throat half closed so thats when i knew God had to be called in more than usual and lo and behold im ok. Ok maybe nuking prawn is a bit far fetched but at least a petition to infect fisherman who refuse to stop pulling them in with sars, to know what we go through because prawns are vile anyway.....dont you agree?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home