madrid times

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

day 17 The day I have a new home.
















Friday,

Once again im back in school. When i got in the teachers greeted me as if i was their savior, and then i got to my class. The teacher proceeded to do another question and answer session again, and then got me to ask the kids questions. The majority of the kids cannot speak English very well at all, and all have their various accents and quirks when they ask questions....all except 1.
This 1 girl from Atlanta can speak English almost as well as i can, and is always eager to let me know this.

Later on in then day i had to take groups of kids to a room and just talk to the English room, but it was closed, so we looked around and found an assembly hall.
This gave me ideas to play various games to teach these kids as games i know all about, but teaching i know nothing of.
Each group of kids i took, i found out individual quirks, and differences of all the kids, for example:

The girl from Atlanta:
Extremely smart to the point that i don,t feel the need to teach her, but she is not perfect so you can never assume plus being so intelligent she gets bored incredibly quickly which leads her on a mission of mischief.
Solution: give her seriously hard questions and make sure she does exercise start and end (start jumping, arms in the air, flail legs, spin around stop)

The quiet girl with pig tails:
Definitely definitely has attention deficit disorder, the moment you stop talking, (a micro second) she lowers her head and enters her own little world.
solution: take away the lint, plaster cine, pokemon that shes playing with, and exercise again.

The unruly boy:
Theres always one, easy stand in the corner away from everyone else, or blackmail as before.

Today I taught them past, present, and future, with the aid of 3 chairs, i got them to stand next to the corresponding chair. If the word for example run was said, they stood next to the future chair, if i said running, then they stood next to the present chair, anything else (ran) they would stand next to the past chair.

It was immensely rewarding to see them fully understand this, and i was actually gutted when the bell went and i had to go.


That evening I chilled with some mates in the hostel again, itching to move into my new place, but the landlord said it would now be 8.30 instead of 8, I thought for a split second "screw you ill find somewhere else" but obviously that would be like putting both hands in a blender the day before my key stage 8 piano exam, so I bit my tongue.

My friend Nathan was coming to Madrid to play out in a night club called "loco por el futbol" (crazy for football) He let me know via myspace, so i told my mates that it would be banging and we should go.

8.10 pm Still havenĀ“t left the hostel and it takes half to get there from the metro station (why do I do it to myself?). I got a taxi in hope to make it on time but the traffic was a sick joke.
Eventually I got there with all my stuff, signed the contract, and bidded my new landlord fair well, I then started to sniff out any free unsecure wifi points....success (how do you think im creating this blog now?)

I took some pictures, showered and jump back on the tube to Sol.

I met up with my mates smashed it up on sangria and then rolled out.

I couldn't get hold of Nathan which was a major mess up since he was getting us in and V.I.P, luckily one of my friends wants to pull any girl anytime and started chatting to a couple. They some how liked us all and jumped on the tube with us to the club, also adding that they'll basically emulate Nathan.

We got in the club and it was sick, 30 projector screens, banging hip hop and RnB, rammed out, and the honey's that Spain was built around. Nathan popped up as the DJ and the night was a success, with the icing being that the girls we met, can now do the same for us in all clubs of Madrid....Let the real partying start.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacko said...

Dwayne I am so glad everything has turned out good for you, I was getting a bit worried but you've pulled it off! Sonia x

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home